Dental Implants and Cost. The dental implant is an artificial tooth root used to support false teeth. It’s a titanium screw which replaces the tooth root when it fails.
Why are dental implants popular?
Look and feel like real teeth: Dental implants look, feel and function just like your real teeth. You can eat, smile and engage in social activities with confidence.
Last long: With proper care, dental implants could last several years or a lifetime. Contact the best dentist in Bangalore for dental implants and costs.
High success rate: If you get dental implants done with a good dentist, there’s a 95-98% chance of success.
Prevents bone loss: If you are missing teeth, the jawbone deteriorates, if teeth aren’t replaced quickly. This causes oral health complications. Afterward, When your dental implant procedure’s done, the bone fuses with the implant and strengthens. Hence, this preserves bone and other tissues surrounding each tooth.
Very affordable: After the placement of dental implants, you don’t have to get work done on that tooth. You save on other dental procedures. With over 95% success rate and very high durability, dental implants save a lot of money. Take a look at tips to choose the best dental clinic in Bangalore.
Two main types of dental implants:
These are surgically implanted into your jawbone. You would need a second surgery to connect a post to the original implant once the surrounding gum tissue has healed. An artificial tooth attached to a post or grouped on a bridge completes the procedure.
These are basically a metal frame, fitted into your jawbone. When your gum heals, the frame attaches to the jawbone. Afterward, posts would fix to this frame, which protrudes through your gums. Henceforth, Artificial implants fix on these posts, just like endosteal implants. Contact the best dentist in Bangalore with a high success rate in dental implants.
Types of dental implants and costs
Conventional dental implants:
The conventional implant is also called a “Two Piece” implant. The root component and the tooth component are in separate bits. Consequently, The root component also called implant fix into your jawbone. The tooth component also called abutment fixes on to the root component with a tiny screw. Finally, The abutment’s prepared for the final crown. Conventional dental implants are a long-term solution for your missing teeth.
How are conventional dental implants fitted?
The dentist extracts your tooth and places the implant in a single visit. The dentist may place artificial bone material into the empty extraction site. Moreover, This procedure’s done to make sure there’s a bone to support the dental implant. This forms a socket graft.
If there isn’t enough bone in the upper jaw molar, the dentist places bone material in the extraction site and moves the sinus membrane upwards called sinus lift. If you require major bone grafts there would be another visit to the dentist.
The dentist screws the implant into the jaw bone and seals the gums over the implant. The implant osseointegrates with your jaw bone which takes about 3-5 months and can now support the abutment and crown.
You return to the dentist to fit the abutment and the crown. The dentist opens up your gums and attaches the abutment to the implant. The dentist takes impressions of the abutments and the surrounding teeth and sends them to the dental laboratory to craft the crown. Moreover, This is an important procedure as when the crowns must properly align and match the bite of your other teeth. There must also be a proper minimal margin at the gum line to give you the best appearance. Contact dentist nearby who can help you with dental implants.
All-On-4 Dental Implants
At first, The term All-On-4 means all your teeth stand on four” dental implants. This is an excellent treatment if you have badly broken or decayed teeth or teeth affected by gum disease. Thanks to advanced dental implant technology, just four precisely placed implants at the top and bottom of your mouth, can support all teeth and bring a smile on your face.
What is the All-On-4 dental implant?
A dental implant is a titanium screw inserted into your jawbone in the space of the missing tooth. Your dentist then attaches a fake tooth to the screw. Simply multiply this idea by four. This is the All-On-4 dental implant.
All-On-4 Dental Implant procedure:
- Your dentist gives general or local anesthesia to make you comfortable.
- He then removes remaining teeth which are failing and also diseased or infected tissue from jaws and gums.
- Here we use Titanium screws to insert into your jawbone. Two implants towards the front and another two, towards the back of your mouth. These anchors bare the force of the denture.
- The dentist thoroughly cleans the surgical sites and sutures all incisions. Now its recovery time. Contact dentist nearby who can help you with dental implants and cost in Bangalore.
This is a type of overdenture attached to implants. Therefore, The implant supported denture indicated when you don’t have any teeth in the jaw, but there’s enough jaw bone to support implants.
The implant-supported denture is mainly used for the lower jaw as regular dentures are less stable there. However, implant supported dentures used for both the upper or lower jaw.
Implant supported dentures are of two types:
- Bar-retained dentures: It consists of two to five implants placed in your jaw bone. A thin metal bar which follows the curve of your jaw attaches itself to the implants. Afterward, Clips get fit to the bar or the denture. The denture which fits over the bar is securely clipped by attachments.
- Ball-retained dentures: The implant in your jaw bone holds a metal attachment which fits into another attachment on your denture. The attachments on your implants are ball-shaped and fit into sockets on the denture.
Immediate loading implants:
Immediate loading implant involves immediate implant placement after the extraction of the tooth. With immediate loading implant, you need fewer surgical interventions, there’s less soft and hard tissue loss, reduction in treatment time and a lot of satisfaction.
Let’s take the conventional dental implant. There’s extraction of the offending tooth, then 2-3 months for the extraction socket to heal, 3-5 months for the integration of the dental implant with the surrounding bone, finally another surgery to expose the implant and place the prosthetic abutment. You would have to wait many months to get a lost tooth replaced.
Immediate loading implants shorten the entire treatment by implant placement immediately after tooth extraction.
Procedure Of Immediate loading Implants
Immediate loading implants are the buzzword in implant dentistry with the “I want it right now” generation. However, immediate implant loading demands higher patient compliance for success.
- To Explain, After implantation, the immediate load implants expose itself to chewing force. This is why certain criteria must be met. Hence, The implant requires a minimum amount of bone to resist the chewing force.
- Your dentist has to adjust the temporary crown used in a single implant to avoid any kind of force on it.
- There are complex cases where 4-6 implants are placed in a maxillary arch. A large number of implants are held together by an immediate prosthesis which prevents micromotion at the bone-to-implant interface. This is critical to a successful procedure and explains why you need a good dentist. Contact the best dentist in Bangalore to help you with dental implants and cost.
Cost of dental implants In Bangalore
- Get an estimate from your dentist before opting for dental implants.
- Make sure the dentist offers free consultation and charges only for the procedure.
- Dental implants in Bangalore costs are around Rs 20,000 to Rs 45,000 depending on the type of dental implants.
- Single dental implant charges can be as low as Rs 20,000. However, there’s a separate cost for the crown after the implant procedure. Opt for a dentist who offers World-class quality care at an affordable price.